The Schüssler Unimog GmbH chronicles
The company founder Ludwig Schüssler first got in touch with UNIMOG in 1949 when his family used the first UNIMOG in Bavaria on their farm. Ever since the vehicles have been a substantial part of Ludwig Schüssler’s life.
- 1950 – 1954: training as a car mechanic at UNIMOG in Munich.
- 1955 – 1958: UNIMOG trial and customer service at Daimler-Benz in Gaggenau.
- 1958 – 1972: Consulting and sales at Auto-Henne in Munich.
- 1972: “Bay. Gebraucht-Unimog-Zentrale” was founded and moved to Utting.
- 1979: “Unimog-Vermietung H. Schüssler” founded by wife Helga Schüssler
- March 1992: Daughter Martina and son in law Jürgen Grunow join the company.
- The company name changed to „Schüssler Unimog GmbH“
- 2002: After years of steady growth the management decides to move the company to the new 7000 m² premises at Pürgen-Lengenfeld in Landsberg am Lech.
- Mai 2009: Further expansion of the premises to 12,000 m²
- January 2011: “Unimog-Vermietung H. Schüssler” and „Schüssler Unimog GmbH“ merge